Sunday, September 23, 2007

Rain & Music


The first thing I should say is that I saw something pretty amazing today, that I'm sure I must have seen earlier in my life, but perhaps just don't remember...or maybe I just didn't slow down enough to realize how cool it was. A rain cloud. A rain cloud while it was raining. Way off in the distance, it was dusk, and there was just enough light and just enough dark that I could see the mist coming down from the cloud all the way down to the horizon. It was so cool. The second thing I've got to say here tonight is that James Blunt's new CD (All The Lost Souls) is really, really good and you should go out and get it pronto. I think the first song he'll release is called Same Mistake and it's my favorite one but really, the whole CD is pretty good. I rarely just go out and buy a CD without having heard anything but I'm glad I did. Good soul baring stuff. Had I been walking through that shower with this music playing all around me it would have been a perfect moment.

2 comments:

Joy Floyd said...

I love to watch a storm brewing and the smell of rain makes you feel so alive. Chloe noticed the smell recently and said "Mommy I like that smell what is it?".

Heather A Posey said...

I know...it was so neat!