Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday night rant.

OJ is back in jail. It's all over the news. Everyone is talking about it. My question is this: WHY do we care? Why are we so fixated on this apparent superstar badboy? I remember the initial "chase" on television -- saw it live during one late night of my senior year of high school. I remember when the not guilty verdit was announced, how all these people were cheering in the Tate Center at UGA. And today here we go again. Why is our American public, by and large, so caught up with OJ and with people labeled superstars in Hollywood and elsewhere. Don't we have more important matters to think about, like raising our children right, hungry people on the streets, global climate change, and that freakin' jerk who hit my car and just left without saying a word or leaving a note?

No comments: