Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Legos!

This thing is so awesome!  It took hours to put together but I loved every minute of it, sore neck and all.  Hal totally called me out on having more fun with it than Sarah but I rebutted with a "she can't have fun unless it's assembled!"  If you've seen Toy Story 3 - and the other Toy Story movies - and you've ever played with Legos as a child, this thing is for you (and your kid of course)!  Sarah loves it!  She's always been rather fascinated by trains so I knew she'd like it.  Over the summer she's become a night owl like me and we went to Wal-mart (dare I say the word) at 5:00 in the morning yesterday - she perused the toy section and found this.  It's not cheap, but it is a lot of TOY and it highlights the opening scene in Toy Story 3.  Hal and I had always thought of buying her a train set since she showed such interest, but never did...so this was a great compromise.  I think there is something rather therapeutic about putting together an intricate Lego model.  The instructions had over 60 pages in two booklets.  I think there were a total of 584 pieces too.  Really a well thought out design.  Even Hal was impressed!  But most satisfying was watching Sarah in the floor playing with Buzz, Woody, Jessie, and the Evil Dr. Porkchop!  She was so funny!  Definitely worth the money and I'm not one to spend a lot of money right now.  So there you go!

1 comment:

WritingsForLife said...

I am hearing so much about Toy story 3 - gotta watch it now :-)