Tuesday, January 19, 2010

If only I actually played the lottery...

I've been waiting for my head to clear out, but I think I'm just going to have to make peace with the brain fog that is hampering my ability to feel my way out of the funk. I wonder if this is a common thing? People start the new year by looking back and thinking about all they didn't accomplish last year. I feel good about most things, but would like for my financial picture to be a bit brighter. It would help a ton if the husband would simply get a job. Turns out, trying to get a job in the middle of the biggest recession he's ever seen is harder than we both thought it would be. So instead of worrying about money day in and day out, I'm trying to focus on all the good things that have happened. I love my job, I've got a great kid, our health seems to be okay, and I'm making new friends. Now if I could just win the lottery!

I've never considered myself a material girl. I'd probably donate most of the money to charity! First I'd pay off my house, then car, then any other assorted bills - I'd be debt free. Then I'd pay off my family's debts (most of them, anyway). I'd have to continue to work because I love my job too much to quit, but I might reduce my hours. I'd give money to the Lance Armstrong Foundation, and to some local charities around Athens. I'd set up a college fund for Sarah. I'd buy a pair of pugs and have my yard fenced in so they could run and play. I'd get a gym membership so I could finally lose this 40 pounds that I've been trying for 5 years to get rid of! And I'd pay someone else to remodel this cold, drafty, moldy, spidery, house in the woods! :)

No comments: