Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happier Camper

For those of you following the gallbladder conundrum, here's an update. There's this stuff called Stone Free made by Planetary Herbals. It works. I don't know how it works but it does. It apparently helps to break up gallstones by softening them somehow. I have not had anymore terrible pain since I started taking them on Friday night. I'm still very cautious, but I am putting some fat back into my diet. This is a good thing, because one of the mistakes that leads to gallstones is yo-yo dieting or starvation diets (which I have never done).
Whenever I get myself into something, just about any situation that I don't have experience with or have never encountered, I read up on it. I read, and read, and read. My preliminary findings tell me that there are unconventional ways to get rid of gallstones and keep your gallbladder, which some people do fare much better with, versus without. However, I think if I'd had health insurance, I might not have had to dig so deep and find a solution. Interesting the way things happen in life. Some folks have real trouble after getting their gallbladder surgically removed. Like a lifetime of diarreah or acid reflux. Some people do just fine. Who knows which of those I'd be. It won't be too much longer before I'll have health insurance again. But I think I've decided that I'd like to keep this little pear shaped organ that has given me so much grief if I can figure out a way to get it back in the fold and make it stop behaving badly. I read a poem once about how the various members of the body had an argument about which was most important and which should ultimately have control. The brain and several others argued. But in the end it was the asshole that shut down operations completely when he decided to close up and do no work. So in the end the asshole won. I need to find that story again. I wonder if the gallbladder was even in the fight?

No comments: