Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Beautiful things now.

I'm not quite a week into my "thinking more about happiness" project, and I have to say, things are going well.  Now I'm definitely in my post-workout endorphin influenced high right now, but some positive things are happening in my life and I'm doing my very best to take notes.

  • I sold another Disney trip! (yay can't wait to sell more)
  • A 77 y/o patient at work told me that I was a "very beautiful girl."  (no dementia)
  • I learned THE CROSSOVER at the skating rink!!  (been roller skating since March but a wonderful woman there who's probably the best skater I've ever met coached me for 30 minutes and I got it! what a wonderful gift of her time & energy)
  • I went to work and earned money. (thankful to have a job where I only work 3 days a week)
  • I made a commitment to start drinking more water and getting better sleep. (yep, 64 ounces a day of pure water, and a benedryl at night to help me stay asleep longer)
  • My dad came over tonight to "get [his] Sarah fix." I really enjoyed his humor and the way he loves my child.
  • Talked to my hospitalized mom on Saturday and she's doing better after her back surgery and can actually stand up straight now.
  • Got my tire pressure maintenance system sensors fixed on my Honda Insight and got the air filters changed out too! (no more orange warning lights, and yay I had the money to do it)
  • I've written every single day in The Happiness Project One Sentence journal since I got it!
  • I continue to work out by riding my recumbent bike, even when I don't feel like it, and I'm pushing myself hard.
I'm working on myself.  I'm trying to change the way I look at life, specifically my own life. I'm gonna see the glass half full and be glad I've got clean drinking water at all.  I don't have the money to re-carpet my home, buy a new wardrobe and bedroom furniture, or fix the creaking floors upstairs.  I am still not happy with the shape of my body and how much I weigh.  I'd love to have a job where I could work day shift so that I could spend even more time with my daughter.  But I recognize all the beautiful things that are happening to me right now.

What beautiful things are happening to you?

1 comment:

WritingsForLife said...

That is so wonderful :-). This post truly made me smile and made me reflect on the good things in my own life.

Thank you for sharing!