Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm just smurfed.

Ah.  Time alone.  Quiet time.  And I can think of nothing to do.  I'm so tired I don't even want to read.  I did read my daily cnn.com and was moved to tears reading the bios of the soldiers killed in the chopper crash.  So sad that we are still fighting a stupid war, and spending billions upon billions to do it.  I support our troops and the sacrifices they are making but don't like the war and the fact that our guys and girls are dying over there.  I'm really not one to discuss politics often though, because opinions obviously vary widely.  I'm just one person.

Jennifer and I took the kiddo to see The Smurfs movie last Friday and now we've become obsessed with collecting those little smurf happy meal toys.  Generally speaking I don't like happy meal toys because of their environmental effect, but these guys are just plain cute.  And they make me remember playing as a child with my friends and my own little smurf figurines.  Those are selling mad now on Ebay too.  It's quite funny.  Kind of like NKOTB, those toys take me back.  I also bought Sarah 2 of the old Smurf cartoons for her iPod touch and she loves them.  She can now talk just like Gargamel.  It's really funny.  She's always been quite the dramatic actress, so I've signed her up for an acting class this fall.  Even though it's gonna cost me $60 a month, I can't wait for her to have an outlet for all of her natural born creativity, and I can't wait to see what she does on stage!  Hal and I were avid movie-goers before she came along - for 8 years we saw lots of movies!  She's now into movies too and I think she'll beat the socks off her friends in a few years when somebody breaks out a movie trivia game.  We shall see. 

What to do now?  I've got this Smurfy game on my iPhone I might play for a while.  It's rather mindless and I love watching those little Smurfs grow crops.  Speaks to the granola mom, tree hugging, hybrid driving, smurf lover in me.  :)

No comments: